- Roll to the Polls...Get Out and Vote! Tuesday, May 21, 2013 - 2013-05-19
- Mayweather Jr. ranks No. 1 on SI Fortunate 50 - 2013-05-17
- More visits by artists like Beyonce, Jay-Z, needed, says Afro-Cuban filmmaker - 2013-05-17
- Mo’Nique shows off amazing weight loss - 2013-05-17
- Our primary election endorsements - 2013-05-16
The annual Fashions For A Cure fashion show was presented to benefit the West Mifflin branch of UPMC Hillman Cancer Center’s Patients Assistance Fund. That fund helps underinsured or non-insured cancer patients receive the critical care they need.
|ORGANIZERS—Fashions For A Cure organizers Hannah, Richard, Genea and Eric Webb.
Now in its 8th year, Fashions For A Cure was created by Hannah, Richard, Genea and Eric Webb as a way to pay homage to Hannah’s sister, Dorothea and Richard’s mother, Ruth who both died from breast cancer.
This year’s show was held at the Willow Room in Belle Vernon and featured music by The Flow Band, Chinese and silent auctions, a 50/50 raffle and gorgeous fashions supplied by Selections by Genea & Eric, an exclusive boutique located at 534 Miller Ave. in Clairton and owned by Hannah and Richard Webb. KDKA-TV 2’s Kimberly Gill served as mistress of ceremonies.
Digital Daily Signup
Sign up now for the New Pittsburgh Courier Digital Daily newsletter!
- Obama's Morehouse visit shines spotlight on HBCUs (1)
- Janet Jackson, Wissam Al Mana Married In Secret Wedding (2)
- Fifth annual National Achievers Society inductions (2)
- Breast cancer survivor group targets young Black women (1)
- Wes Moore replaces Dr. Ben Carson as Johns Hopkins commencement speaker (3)