- Conyers hits Farrakhan 'racist, anti-Semitic' talk - 2013-05-24
- Thunder star Kevin Durant makes $1M tornado pledge - 2013-05-23
- Doctors save Ohio boy by 'printing' an airway tube - 2013-05-23
- Embattled Toronto mayor fires chief of staff - 2013-05-23
- Sergio Garcia will pay dearly for Tiger remarks - 2013-05-23
Writing on her official account on Sunday, Dec. 9, Braxton said: "Feeling a little better today, my nurse just left, just happy to be home!"
|HOSPITALIZED-- In this Feb. 23 photo, singer Toni Braxton arrives at The Hollywood Reporter Nominees Night, at Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa's official residence in Los Angeles. (AP Photo/Chris Pizzello, File)
The R&B performer said in a Tweet on Friday that she had been hospitalized because of "minor health issues" related to Lupus. A spokeswoman confirmed the hospitalization but had no other details. "But no worries!," Braxton wrote to fans. "I will be out any day now."
The 45-year-old singer of "Un-break My Heart" revealed two years ago she has Lupus, a potentially deadly autoimmune disease that killed Braxton's uncle. She also suffers from a narrowing of the blood vessels in her heart.
Braxton said in a recent "20/20" interview that doctors told her the Lupus diagnosis meant her performing career would likely be diminished and the disease helped push her into a recent bankruptcy.
Digital Daily Signup
Sign up now for the New Pittsburgh Courier Digital Daily newsletter!