- I'm not racist': Common claim after racial slurs - 2013-05-26
- Alvarez's two monster blasts power Pirates over Brewers 5-2 - 2013-05-25
- Youth, 16, charged in slaying of teen Rankin girl, second suspect sought - 2013-05-25
- NJ: Caramel-colored rubbing alcohol sold as scotch - 2013-05-25
- Michelle Obama and Kerry Washington promote arts education at D.C. school - 2013-05-25
Writing on her official account on Sunday, Dec. 9, Braxton said: "Feeling a little better today, my nurse just left, just happy to be home!"
|HOSPITALIZED-- In this Feb. 23 photo, singer Toni Braxton arrives at The Hollywood Reporter Nominees Night, at Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa's official residence in Los Angeles. (AP Photo/Chris Pizzello, File)
The R&B performer said in a Tweet on Friday that she had been hospitalized because of "minor health issues" related to Lupus. A spokeswoman confirmed the hospitalization but had no other details. "But no worries!," Braxton wrote to fans. "I will be out any day now."
The 45-year-old singer of "Un-break My Heart" revealed two years ago she has Lupus, a potentially deadly autoimmune disease that killed Braxton's uncle. She also suffers from a narrowing of the blood vessels in her heart.
Braxton said in a recent "20/20" interview that doctors told her the Lupus diagnosis meant her performing career would likely be diminished and the disease helped push her into a recent bankruptcy.
Digital Daily Signup
Sign up now for the New Pittsburgh Courier Digital Daily newsletter!
- 'Africa Day': In Ethiopia, African Union celebrates 50 years (1)
- Robert L. Johnson receives highest award recognition From Black Enterprise magazine (1)
- Is Scandal’s Olivia Pope just like the reality show chicks? (4)
- Time to share the ‘truth’ about ‘timeshares’ (5)
- Community outraged over toddler’s shooting death, Rayco declares 'War' (1)