- PNC's Marsha Jones: Trailblazer of diversity in financial services - 2013-06-20
- Heritage, Symphony partner to provide classical music experience to Braddock children - 2013-06-19
- Conflicting opinions opens affirmative action in med school admissions debate - 2013-06-19
- CeeLo and Goodie Mob introduce 'Elevate Young Black Voices' contest winners at finale concert - 2013-06-19
- That intelligence agencies monitor our calls and Internet usage shouldn’t come as a surprise - 2013-06-19
DEC. 6—The Music Department of Bethel AME Church, 2720 Webster Ave., Hill District, will host a Christmas Season Concert at 5 p.m. The concert will feature the C.H. Foggie/Allegheny AMEZ Conference Choir under the direction of James White. There will be a free will offering taken. For more information, call 412-683-2160 or visit www.bethel-ame-pgh.com.
DEC. 6—ONEChurch ONELife will host “Code Red” at 6 p.m. at 937 Liberty Ave., Downtown. This event is in observance of World AIDS day and will include special guest Zebulon Ellis of BET’s Sunday Best Gospel Show. Other performances include Delbert Fullum, VonJana Davis and Roberta Burke. Admission is free. There will also be testing available. For more information, call 412-261-2692 or e-mail onechurchpittsburgh@yahoo .com.
DEC. 11—The Brown Chapel Heir Force will host “Night Chaser” at 7:30 p.m. at the New Hazlett Theater, 6 Allegheny Square East, North Side. This is a multimedia Christmas experience for the whole family. It is a story about a family who receives a video game as a gift. The game draws them into an adventure that requires them to show courage and responsibility. It includes the Hill Dance Academy Theater, Artistree and more. Tickets are $5-$10. For more information, call Bynums Marketing & Communications Inc. at 412-471-4332.
DEC. 12—The New Horizon Theater Inc. will host “Make a Joyful Noise” at 7:30 p.m. at the Kelly-Strayhorn Theater, 5941 Penn Ave., East Liberty. This concert fundraiser will feature pianist, vocalist and composer, J’Aira Pryor. Other performers include Spirit Mime Ministry, Rev. Leslie Boone, Anthony “Crunk” Crunkleton and more. Tickets are $20. For more information, call 412-363-2407.
Festival if carols
DEC. 13—The Children’s Festival Chorus of Pittsburgh will host a Children’s Festival of Carols at 4 p.m. at East Liberty Presbyterian Church, 116 S. Highland Ave., East Liberty. Tickets are $16-$18 in advance and $20-$23 at the door. For more information, call ProArtsTickets at 412-394-3353 or visit www.proartstickets.org.
ONGOING—Pentecostal Temple COGIC, 6300 East Liberty Blvd., East Liberty, will host an After School Enrichment Program from 5-6:30 p.m. Every Tuesday and Thursday kindergarten through high school students will receive tutoring services, homework assistance and education enrichment. For more information, call 412-361-7000.
ONGOING—Mount Ararat Baptist Church, 271 Paulson Ave., East Liberty, will host their “Saturday Night LIVE Service” from 7-8:30 p.m. Every Saturday night tune in and get the word either in person or listen online. Dr. William Curtis is the senior pastor. For more information, call 412-441-1800 or visit www.mt-ararat.org.
(To have items listed in the Church Circuit, send information at least two weeks in advance to: 315 E. Carson St., Pittsburgh, PA 15219; Fax: 412-481-1360 or e-mail: newsroom @newpittsburghcourier.com.)
Digital Daily Signup
Sign up now for the New Pittsburgh Courier Digital Daily newsletter!
- Cheerios ad with multiracial family prompts racist outcry (8)
- This Week In Black History (1)
- That intelligence agencies monitor our calls and Internet usage shouldn’t come as a surprise (1)
- Central Baptist Church hosts 'Spring Hat Sensation' at LeMont (2)
- Pitt hosts national summit tackling poverty research cuts (2)