- Father, son acquitted in NY of sex trafficking - 2013-06-20
- Body found near Patriot's home was homicide victim - 2013-06-20
- Accidental Racist? Paula Deen says she used slur but doesn't tolerate hate - 2013-06-20
- LA to give every student an iPad; $30M order - 2013-06-20
- Connecticut's first female African-American judge suspended for late decisions - 2013-06-20
LAS VEGAS (AP) — A spokeswoman for Michael Jackson's father says the musical family's patriarch has suffered a mild stroke.
Angel Howansky says Joe Jackson went to a Las Vegas hospital late Wednesday night when he had trouble standing up and walking. She says the 83-year-old Jackson was having pains in his head but reports he is feeling fine Thursday and should be released on Friday.
|HOSPITALIZED--In this Sept. 3, 2009 file photo, Michael Jackson's father Joe Jackson leaves the family residence in the Encino section of Los Angeles for his son's funeral. (AP Photo/Nick Ut, File)
She says he called a friend who drove him to the hospital.
Jackson's wife, Katherine, is reportedly on her way to Las Vegas to be with him. Jackson has maintained a residence there for many years while his wife lives in Los Angeles, where she cares for the late pop star's children.
Howansky says Jackson has had small strokes at least twice before this.
Digital Daily Signup
Sign up now for the New Pittsburgh Courier Digital Daily newsletter!
- Cheerios ad with multiracial family prompts racist outcry (8)
- This Week In Black History (1)
- That intelligence agencies monitor our calls and Internet usage shouldn’t come as a surprise (1)
- Central Baptist Church hosts 'Spring Hat Sensation' at LeMont (2)
- Pitt hosts national summit tackling poverty research cuts (2)