- 2013 National Urban League Conference, 'Redeem the Dream' set for Philly - 2013-06-18
- The Wise Decision...Replace your trigger foods - 2013-06-18
- Passion begin 2013 playoffs with 63-0 beat down of Cincinnati - 2013-06-17
- Toomey Update: Two judges confirmed for PA's Eastern District including first Latina - 2013-06-16
- New Pittsburgh Courier to honor 50 Women of Excellence June 20 - 2013-06-15
The African American Heritage Parade 25th Anniversary Free Job & Opportunity Fair was hosted by Mayor Luke Ravenstahl at the August Wilson Center for African American Culture.
With lead sponsor, Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield, some of the other exhibiting employers included Rivers Casino, Cricket Communications, UPMC, Dollar Bank, Pa. State Police, CCAC, the YMCA, MARC USA, Gateway Health Plans, AXA Advisors, and of course the City of Pittsburgh.
|Siatta Dennis, a community engagement associate for Pittsburgh, and Olivia Benson, a youth police manager at the mayor’s office, give employment information to Twanda Washington. (Photos by J.L. Martello)
Digital Daily Signup
Sign up now for the New Pittsburgh Courier Digital Daily newsletter!
- Last Dance: AVA Bar & Lounge in East Liberty closing (5)
- A White South African's memories of Nelson Mandela (2)
- Black politicians need to learn to steal from the right people (1)
- Homeowners Bill of Rights emerge as remedy to foreclosure (1)
- Bill Cosby attacked by Republican Allen West: Why these two men are so different (4)