- 2013 National Urban League Conference, 'Redeem the Dream' set for Philly - 2013-06-18
- The Wise Decision...Replace your trigger foods - 2013-06-18
- Passion begin 2013 playoffs with 63-0 beat down of Cincinnati - 2013-06-17
- Toomey Update: Two judges confirmed for PA's Eastern District including first Latina - 2013-06-16
- New Pittsburgh Courier to honor 50 Women of Excellence June 20 - 2013-06-15
NOV. 28—Hosanna House will host a Community Marketplace from 10 a.m.-4 p.m. at 807 Wallace Ave., Wilkinsburg. The Marketplace is to develop a venue where people bring their families to visit and be entertained while shopping and networking. The marketplace creates an opportunity for economic development and cultural exchange. The marketplace will also be held Dec. 5, 12 and 19. For more information, call 412-243-7711.
DEC. 2—The Board of Directors of the African-American Chamber of Commerce of Western Pennsylvania will host their Annual Business Luncheon at 12 p.m. at the Omni William Penn Hotel, 530 William Penn Place, Downtown. The keynote speaker will be Robert P. Kelly, chairman and CEO, BNY Mellon. Reservations are requested by Nov. 27 and the cost is $65 for members and $75 for non-members. For more information, call 412-392-0610.
DEC. 3—The Carnegie Library of Pittsburgh will host their Business Program Series from 12:15-1 p.m. at the Downtown business branch, 612 Smithfield St. The topic is “Doing Investment Research? Find Out How Our Library Can Help!” Jeffrey Fortescue, manager of Business and Reference at the Carnegie Library Downtown branch, will be the presenter and will discuss how our resources can help you become a better investor. This event is free and open to the public. For more information, call 412-281-7141.
DEC. 3—Jessica Lee will host “Entrepreneurial Thursdays” from 5:30-8 p.m. at Little E’s, 949 Liberty Ave., Downtown. This is a professional networking event with live jazz/R&B music. “Life Balance Entrepreneurs.” There is a $10 cover charge with a full bar and dinner selections. Business casual is the attire. No jeans or tennis shoes. For more information, call Sandy Marshall at 412-802-6780 or visit www.jessicaleesong.com.
Digital Daily Signup
Sign up now for the New Pittsburgh Courier Digital Daily newsletter!
- Last Dance: AVA Bar & Lounge in East Liberty closing (5)
- A White South African's memories of Nelson Mandela (2)
- Black politicians need to learn to steal from the right people (1)
- Homeowners Bill of Rights emerge as remedy to foreclosure (1)
- Bill Cosby attacked by Republican Allen West: Why these two men are so different (4)