- Perry beats Schenley in overtime thriller 30-28, playoffs set - 2010-11-10
- City League Roundup…Peabody upsets Brashear in their final game - 2010-11-05
- City League Roundup...Brashear edges Oliver in double OT - 2010-10-20
- Perry demolishes Allderdice 40-0 - 2010-10-13
- Perry, Allderdice remain tied atop City League standings - 2010-10-06
Category: Sports Published on Wednesday, 25 November 2009 08:58
Class AAAA—Gateway (12-0) vs. Woodland Hills (11-1)—8 p.m. Gateway’s last loss was to Bethel Park in this very game last year. They will look to redeem themselves this season against the Wolverines who are undefeated against WPIAL teams this season.
Class AAA—Hopewell (12-0) vs. West Allegheny (10-2)—5 p.m. Hopewell will be led by running back Rushel Shell, who has rushed for more than 2,000 yards this season. He will go against West Allegheny’s junior tailback Mike Caputo who led the Indians to a 28-21 victory over the defending state champs Thomas Jefferson in a legendary 257-yard performance.
Class AA—Aliquippa (11-1) vs. Greensburg Central Catholic (10-2)—1:30 p.m. The Quips are coming off a 17-10 victory over their archrivals, Beaver Falls, to return to the title game for a second consecutive season. Greensburg Central Catholic looks to avenge its 32-14 loss to Aliquippa in last year’s quarterfinals.
Class A—Rochester (12-0) vs. Clairton (11-1)—10:30 a.m. This will be the first time that these two powerhouses will do battle this season. Rochester is seeking revenge since missing the title game by losing to Clairton in last year’s semifinal game. The Bears will return to Heinz, where they were crowned champs one year ago.
Digital Daily Signup
Sign up now for the New Pittsburgh Courier Digital Daily newsletter!
- This Week In Black History (1)
- That intelligence agencies monitor our calls and Internet usage shouldn’t come as a surprise (1)
- Central Baptist Church hosts 'Spring Hat Sensation' at LeMont (2)
- Pitt hosts national summit tackling poverty research cuts (2)
- Last Dance: AVA Bar & Lounge in East Liberty closing (5)