- Thunder star Kevin Durant makes $1M tornado pledge - 2013-05-23
- Doctors save Ohio boy by 'printing' an airway tube - 2013-05-23
- Embattled Toronto mayor fires chief of staff - 2013-05-23
- Sergio Garcia will pay dearly for Tiger remarks - 2013-05-23
- Teen star Zendaya finishes 2nd on `Dancing With The Stars' - 2013-05-23
The court on Tuesday refused a Republican request to get involved in a dispute over early voting in the state on the three days before Election Day.
The campaign of President Barack Obama and Ohio Democrats sued the state over changes in Ohio law that took away the three days of voting for most people, but made exceptions for military personnel and Ohioans living overseas. Democrats say nearly 100,000 people voted in the three days before the election in 2008.
A federal appeals court ruling reinstated voting on the weekend before the election and Ohio Secretary of State Jon Husted, a Republican, appealed that ruling to the Supreme Court.
Digital Daily Signup
Sign up now for the New Pittsburgh Courier Digital Daily newsletter!