- Mayweather Jr. ranks No. 1 on SI Fortunate 50 - 2013-05-17
- More visits by artists like Beyonce, Jay-Z, needed, says Afro-Cuban filmmaker - 2013-05-17
- Mo’Nique shows off amazing weight loss - 2013-05-17
- Our primary election endorsements - 2013-05-16
- Letter To The Editor...Peduto’s been the champion for our community - 2013-05-16
UPMC held its Partnership Appreciation Event 2012 at the Herberman Conference Center in Oakland last month, with Andrew Stockey as the emcee. Esther Bush, president and CEO, Urban League of Greater Pittsburgh welcomed everyone to the event.
|BUSINESS UNIT AWARD—Team leaders with Will Cook, president, received their awards. (Photos by J. L. Martello)
The two awards categories were Inclusion in the Workplace and Inclusion in the Community. Other speakers were: Jamie Scarano, director, Integrated Inclusion Strategy, UPMC, spoke on dignity and respect, Candi Castleberry-Singleton, Chief Inclusion and Diversity Officer, UPMC, spoke on 2012 accomplishments. Closing remarks were made by Greg Peaswlee, senior vice president and Chief Human Resources and Administrative Services Officer, UPMC.
In addition, when guests left the ceremony, they were given a Lend a Hand Box that included instructions on how they can join UPMC in serving the communities where we live and work by supporting a cause or organization of their choice and sharing that information with the UPMC Center for Inclusion.
Digital Daily Signup
Sign up now for the New Pittsburgh Courier Digital Daily newsletter!
- Black community not to blame for August Wilson Center crisis (13)
- More visits by artists like Beyonce, Jay-Z, needed, says Afro-Cuban filmmaker (2)
- Can the Black community change the face of the music industry? (3)
- Cleveland’s Charles Ramsey—hood or hero? (2)
- Letter To The Editor...Peduto’s been the champion for our community (1)