- Heritage, Symphony partner to provide classical music experience to Braddock children - 2013-06-19
- Conflicting opinions opens affirmative action in med school admissions debate - 2013-06-19
- This Week In Black History - 2013-06-19
- CeeLo and Goodie Mob introduce 'Elevate Young Black Voices' contest winners at finale concert - 2013-06-19
- That intelligence agencies monitor our calls and Internet usage shouldn’t come as a surprise - 2013-06-19
Ministers, first ladies and church women from near and far, strutted their stuff during Bethel AME Church’s first Church Lady Hat Show Oct. 10.
The theme of the day was “hat-itude,” a new spin on Patti LaBelle’s “I Got a New Attitude.” Hats of all colors, shapes and sizes filled the room. There was a hat for every season. There was also a little lesson on church hat etiquette.
|HAT COUPLE—Rev. Nathaniel Colvin III of Bethel AME Church and Rev. Nicole Colvin of Trinity AME Church and Bethel AME’s first lady.
The men were even well represented when Rev. Nathaniel Colvin III, wore his hat, matching suit and shoes to compliment the women of the afternoon. After the show, three male judges were given the honor of selecting the best hat for the afternoon and awarded two who were not in the show, Marla Wilson, of Bethel, and Rhonda Moon, of Trinity AME Church, with the Best Hat title.
|WINNERS—Rhonda Moon and Marla Wilson were the men’s choice of best hat not in the show.
Digital Daily Signup
Sign up now for the New Pittsburgh Courier Digital Daily newsletter!
- That intelligence agencies monitor our calls and Internet usage shouldn’t come as a surprise (1)
- Central Baptist Church hosts 'Spring Hat Sensation' at LeMont (2)
- Pitt hosts national summit tackling poverty research cuts (2)
- Last Dance: AVA Bar & Lounge in East Liberty closing (5)
- A White South African's memories of Nelson Mandela (2)