- Rehabilitation or Demolition: Which Path for Homewood and Hill District Community Development? - 2013-05-25
- Share your money before you die - 2013-05-23
- Protecting Black Americans’ right to compete - 2013-05-23
- This Week In Black History 5-22-13 - 2013-05-23
- Editorial...Justice served in Philly abortion doctor verdict - 2013-05-23
|PILLOW TALK—Not in order: Tiffany Beacher, Cara Williams, Teresa Jones, Dominique Wilborn, Levi Redcross, Ethan Michaels, Zalman pollar, and Di Lin show off their pillows.
To highlight the accomplishments of students who participated in MCG’s Summer Studio Intensives—a five-week visual arts camp for teens 13–18 years old—all four arts studios featured demonstrations and opportunities to beat the summer heat creating works of using techniques learned during the summer program.
Throughout the afternoon, open studios allowed the hands on effect of using the sun to print photographic images outside, creating customized pillows or handbags using silkscreen in the design studio and mosaic mirrors in the ceramics studio, plus videos made by digital arts students.
Digital Daily Signup
Sign up now for the New Pittsburgh Courier Digital Daily newsletter!