The Washington Center for Internships and Academic Seminars announced that a $45,000 grant from the New York Life Foundation would support scholarships for up to 13 college and university students in elite, semester-long internships.
The scholars gain valuable work experience at government agencies and private for-profit and nonprofit organizations based in Washington, D.C. There are eight summer Diversity Scholars, pictured here is Samantha Davis from Pittsburgh, a business administration major at California University of Pennsylvania. Davis has earned a placement with Visions in Action, a nonprofit that sends volunteers to the developing world to work for grass roots organizations.
Digital Daily Signup
Sign up now for the New Pittsburgh Courier Digital Daily newsletter!
- Detroit's emergency manager takes on critics in candid interview about city’s future (1)
- High court poised to upend civil rights policies (1)
- Butler: What Obama must say to African-American grads (2)
- This Week In Black History 5-22-13 (2)
- 'Star Trek's' Zoe Saldana on racism: 'I'm not going to talk about it' (2)