- Alvarez's two monster blasts power Pirates over Brewers 5-2 - 2013-05-25
- Youth, 16, charged in slaying of teen Rankin girl, second suspect sought - 2013-05-25
- NJ: Caramel-colored rubbing alcohol sold as scotch - 2013-05-25
- Michelle Obama and Kerry Washington promote arts education at D.C. school - 2013-05-25
- Md. hatchet murder suspect is son of Bush White House official - 2013-05-25
LONDON (AP)—Model Naomi Campbell hosted a charity gala Feb. 18 on the eve of London Fashion Week to raise money for mothers and babies in Haiti. The “Fashion for Relief” show featured models from fashion, music, film and TV, and designs by Vivienne Westwood, Dolce & Gabbana and others.
The relief effort also includes proceeds from the auction of eight special edition Lotus cars donated by the carmaker. One was auctioned at the gala. The others will be auctioned online, with bidding open until Feb. 28.
Campbell told The Associated Press Feb. 16 that money for Haiti is desperately needed after the earthquake devastated much of the country. She says money raised will be used for equipment, medicine and training and to help deliver babies safely.
Digital Daily Signup
Sign up now for the New Pittsburgh Courier Digital Daily newsletter!
- 'Africa Day': In Ethiopia, African Union celebrates 50 years (1)
- Robert L. Johnson receives highest award recognition From Black Enterprise magazine (1)
- Is Scandal’s Olivia Pope just like the reality show chicks? (4)
- Time to share the ‘truth’ about ‘timeshares’ (5)
- Community outraged over toddler’s shooting death, Rayco declares 'War' (1)