- My husband’s girlfriend feeds him while we starve! - 2013-06-12
- Ask Gwendolyn: I have serious family issues - 2013-05-17
- My fiancé can’t marry me. His wife is crazy! - 2013-05-10
- My brother’s children look like elephants and bears - 2013-05-04
- To be married and to remain faithful is so hard - 2013-04-26
My fiancee called me last week to cancel our wedding plans.
She explained that unless she can invite 500+ people, she won't marry.
My mother is concerned I have the wrong girl.
Gwendolyn, my fiancee has big plans and I feel if I cannot give her what she wants, I will lose her.—Jeremiah
The question you should ask yourself is, "Lose her now or lose her later?"
Let me tell you this: Your mother is correct. When couples begin a marriage with massive debt, love fades away.
With the country experiencing a struggling economy, the last thing a man needs is a woman who cannot be reasonable and understanding.
Go ahead, tell your fiancee to cancel the wedding plans and don't bother to ever replan, not with you.
Jeremiah, think about it. A new year is approaching so be smart. Don't drag her into it.
Digital Daily Signup
Sign up now for the New Pittsburgh Courier Digital Daily newsletter!
- This Week In Black History (1)
- That intelligence agencies monitor our calls and Internet usage shouldn’t come as a surprise (1)
- Central Baptist Church hosts 'Spring Hat Sensation' at LeMont (2)
- Pitt hosts national summit tackling poverty research cuts (2)
- Last Dance: AVA Bar & Lounge in East Liberty closing (5)